Grab a copy of the Mount Cheaha 50K runners' manual
Each finisher will receive a special, 100% Dri-Fit short sleeve finisher shirt available in all sizes from small to 2XL
RUNNERS MUST RETREIVE PACKETS ON FRIDAY!
Friday, February 24, 2012: packet pick-up will be available in the Bald Rock Lodge [directions] located on Bunker Loop from 5:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m.
The carbo-load dinner will be at the Bald Rock Lodge from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. on February 24, 2012. Tickets will be $10.00 in advance or $15.00 at the door.
Bus Transportation to the Start
Buses will depart the finish line at the Bald Rock Lodge in Cheaha State Park at 6:05 a.m. CST and will depart lodge at 6:15 a.m. CST.
Start of the Race
- All runners must be checked in by 7:15 am CST.
- Mount Cheaha 50K starts at 7:30 am CST sharp.
- Parking at the starting area trail head is very limited.*
- There will be no transportation provided from the race finish back to the start.
- Gatorade, water and basic necessities will be available at race start. Two portable toilets will be available at race start.
- Morning-of race packet pick-up will be available at the start.
- Gear bag pick-up will be available at the start with retrieval at the finish.
* The Talladega County Sheriffs Department will be in control of traffic in the starting area. Automobiles will not be allowed to be left parked on the side of the Hwy after the race begins, only prior to the race start.
Running the Race
- Numbers must be worn on the front and be visible at the aid stations for check-in and check-out. Anyone not making a checkpoint in the allowed time will not be allowed to continue the race.
- It is recommended that runners carry at least one water bottle on the course.
- If you drop out of the race, please stop at one of the aid stations and let a race official know that you do not plan to continue. Clay County Rescue Squad and Communications support people will be available for your safety.